Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Clinique 3 Step Skincare Review

1. The Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild for Dry to Combination Skin

This is the very first step of my facial skin care routine. (Well before I remove my makeup of course) I found that this facial wash was very light and gentle; all I really needed was only a small amount. This facial wash foams up really easily when you apply to a wet face. The scent of this facial wash leaves your skin with a clean scent, and it isn’t overbearing. It removes makeup and residue very well, and it is good to use twice a day. However, this product does not impress me, it does the job for me, but it doesn’t do anything special. I would give this facial wash a rate of 6.5 out of 10. This is because you can find better drugstore facial cleaners for half the price and can perform better. This facial cleanser retails for 16 dollars and comes in different formulas that will perform as needed to suit your specific skin type.

2. Clarifying lotion – dry combination
The second step to your skincare regime would be my toner. However this is the worst toner I have used in my entire life. The amount of alcohol that is in this product leaves my skin tight and sometimes it burns. However, after using this for a while, I got used to this burning sensation. When you open this product , the scent of the alcohol is so strong, it leaves me wondering is this even safe for me skin? The packaging of this product does isn’t that great either. However, the largest size has a pump, but I just own the regular one, and I really did not like the convenience of it, because I kept spilling it. I would NOT recommend this product to anyone. I cannot tell you how much I despise this product, and not only that , this is not cheap either. I believe it retails for 12.50 -20 dollars ( depending on the size)

3. Dramatically different moisturizing lotion.
The last step to my skincare regime is a moisturizer. Again, this isn’t the best lotion. I feel that this moisturizer is very thick and heavy. Sometimes even a bit greasy (especially in the summer) , after using this for about a year, i did however see a difference in my skin’s texture. I felt like my skin was much more smooth, but I can’t say this moisturizer did the work for sure. Also , this moisturizer does not have a strong scent or a scent at all. The packaging of this moisturizer is very sleek and convenient.( Great Job Clinique!) I do really love the pump, and the size of this product.


Overall, I would rate this system as a 5/10. I do not recommend the 3 step clinique skincare system. I've used these products for over a year now, and the results are not that great. The price is a little on the expensive side for these products that arn't that effective. However, please do remember that * Everyone's skin is different, and it may work for you. This review is strictly based on my own experiences and opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment